PHP 7 is just around the corner!
Are you ready for the changes it brings? I mean, is your software PHP 7 compatible? Can you also fully embrace all its advantages?
If you wonder about the answers, I will give you some readings:
- Cal Evans‘s nice survey article
- This more in depth post by Davey Shafik, and the second part
- This extended reference of all changes by Thomas Punt
- The offcial migration doc with a complete list of changes and incompatibilities for the language
- Extensions Catalog: list of PHP7 compatibility of core and PECL extensions, because PHP is also made of those
and some alternative ways to test code in PHP 7, if you are lazy about manual install:
- 3V4L online execution of snippets in PHP 7 (and HHVM, and many old PHP versions)
- Rasmus Lerdorf’s Debian Vagrant Box for testing PHP apps and developing extensions (again many PHP versions)
- The PHP7 Debian 8 build made by DotDeb
- The Remi’s RPM repo remi-php70 by Remi Collet
- The PHP 7 nightly builds linux packages kindly provided by Zend
Do you have others suggestions?